DISCUSS: REGULATING ETHICS
250-word (not including in-text citation andreferences as word count) count minimum with two scholarly sources in APAformat. For the two scholarly sources, one from the textbook that’s postedbelow and the other one from an outside source. Let’s be sure to write it inown work 100% and give credit appropriately when using someone’s else work.
The discussion question asks for yourviews about whether certain business activities are overregulated ornot regulated enough. Focus on a single law (regulation) that you thinkneeds to be strengthened or needs to be scaled back, choosing from the variouslaws described in Chapter 4, pp. 95-106. Be specific about the changesthat you would make.
Like in Unit 1, your opinions are important, but scoring willdepend largely on the evidence you provide to support your opinions.Showing both sides of an argument always makes it stronger. Use the book oroutside sources and remember that any ideas, paraphrases, or quotes should bedocumented with citations and references following APA guidelines. It can beuseful to include the page number in the citation – even if you are not usingdirect quotes – because it lets everyone know exactly what you’re referring to.
The emphasis should be on documenting what was learned aboutFederal laws from the Read and Attend sections.
Review the legal requirements for ethicalbehavior in Chapter 4 (pp. 95-113) and choose a position about whether ethicsin business are over regulated or not regulated enough.
1) If you think ethics are over regulated,identify a specific law or regulation from the text and describe how you wouldchange it. If you think ethics are not regulatedenough, describe how you would strengthen one of the existing laws orregulations described in the text. In either case, choose from the materialon pp. 95-113. Any of the laws (regulations) can be used, except forDodd-Frank and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (those are covered inthe Complete assignment).
Be specific about the changes you wouldmake, and explain how your proposals would result in a better balance.
Defend your position with evidence usingcitations and references that follow APA guidelines. To follow universityguidelines, a minimum of two scholarly sources are required and the initialpost should be a minimum of 250 words.
Updatethe subject line of the initial post so that it reflects what you are writingabout. (Name the file as what you are writing about and save under there)
1,300 word count and there isa total of 4 questions (not including in-text citation and references as theword count), a minimum of three scholarly sources are required in APA format.For the three scholarly sources, one from the textbook that’s posted below andthe other two from an outside source. Let’s be sure to write it in own work100% and give appropriately when using someone’s else work.
Q1 is a three-part question and can beanswered fully using information from the Read and Attend sections. Parts1 and 2 are asking about specific ethical and legal issues and will requiredocumentation (in-text citations and references) showing where you are usinginformation from the assigned material. Part 3 is asking for yourrecommendations/opinion. Documentation is not required for that, but supportingevidence can strengthen any argument.
Writing tip: A separate paragraph for each part of a multi-partquestion like this can be a useful organizer.
Q2 – Q4 all need very current outside sources.
There are required sources for Q2 and Q4 in the Unit 2 CourseMaterials section. Along with the book, they will count as sources tomeet the minimum requirements.
Q2 – Q4 ask everyone to take a position on specific issues.The stakeholder orientation that we used in the Unit 1 discussion can be auseful way to frame these questions; it can help show whether the benefitsof your position outweigh the benefits of another position, or viceversa. Arguments that show both sides of an issue will always be strongerthan those that don’t. As in the discussion, scoring will depend more on theevidence you provide to support your position, than on what your opinions andrecommendations are.
Each response should be researched using the course materials and/oroutside sources, including in-text citations and references following APAformatting.
1. Read the Sing &Dance scenario on pp. 59-61, trying to see the situation from Jackie’sperspective. Answer the following:
1) Which of the ethical issues and dilemmasdescribed in Chapter Three are evident in this scenario?
2) Is Jackie the victim of illegal sexualharassment or gender discrimination? Explain.
3) What should Jackie do? What professionaland private outcomes will result from that choice?
Read the Chapter Three debate issue on page 85. Clearly statewhether
1) Google’s storage of user data isappropriate and does not violate users’ privacy, or
2) Google’s storage of user data isinappropriate and violates users’ privacy.
Explain your answer.
3. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau(CFPB)
Read the Chapter Four debate issue on page 111. Clearly statewhether
1) The CFPB’s benefits to consumersoutweigh the burden on financial institutions, or
2) The CFPB’s burden on financial institutionsoutweigh the benefits to consumers.
Explain your answer.
4. Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform(Dodd-Frank)
Dodd-Frank has been in the news since it was passed in 2010,with some arguing that it imposes too great a burden on financial institutions,and others arguing that it does not go far enough to prevent the “too big tofail” scenario that we saw in the recent financial crisis.
Research the current state of the law and answer thefollowing:
1) What is the current state of executiveorders and/or legislation regarding Dodd-Frank? What changes to the originalbill have been made or are in the legislative pipeline?
2) Does Dodd-Frank currently strike theright balance? If so, explain. If not, describe the changes that should be madeto the law.
Last part of Assignment:
1) Watch the documentary “Inside the Meltdown.”It is about an hour long and details some of the specific business practicesthat led to the economy falling apart in 2008, and to the passage of theDodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act (Dodd-Frank) along with the creation of theConsumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Those are covered in Chapter4, and make up a large part of the Unit 2 Complete assignment.
Here’s a link to the video:
The documentary offers an insider view of the financial meltdownfrom the point of view of Washington and New York. It starts on September18, 2008. In the first few moments, members of the Congressionalleadership are astonished to be brought into a private session with the FederalReserve Chairman and told that the American and international financial systemwas in grave danger of a complete meltdown in a matter of days. One ofthem noted, “There was literally a pause in that room while the oxygen left.”
2) Write a one page report (300-400 words), summarizing what youlearned and indicating how the video helps (or doesn’t help) create abetter understanding of Dodd Frank and the CFPB. Follow APArequirements for a cover page and reference page and post the assignment to theUnit 2 Drop Box any time before the Sunday night due date for Unit 2.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."