This is a two part assignment, Please make Part one and part two separate documents.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
The founding fathers divided our system of government into three distinct branches. What are these branches and how did the founding fathers justify each branch of government as necessary for a healthy Republic? Do you think that the founding fathers reflected on the notion of gridlock as they explored the checks and balances built into the three branches? How does this relate to rules and norms that are designed to safeguard the minority from the will of the majority? Is this something that the founding fathers were concerned with as they negotiated our founding principles? Why or why not?
Consider the current Congress and Office of the President.
Discuss how contemporary activities of these two branches of the U.S. government compare and contrast with the intentions of the founders. Use specific examples, and include support from at least 3 sources, 1 of which can be your textbook. Your examination of the topic should include information about the following:
- Structure and makeup of Congress
- Differences between the House of Representatives and the Senate
- Powers granted to Congress and the President under the Constitution
- Checks and balances of power, considering Congress, the President, and the judiciary
- Roles and responsibilities of the President
- Evolution of presidential power
- How bills become laws
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes
- 875-word paper
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."