There are several early childhood curriculum activities that supportthe development of cognitive processes, science knowledge, and mathknowledge. In Chapter 10 of your text, Jaruszewicz (2019) offers anexplanation of these areas of development and ideas for educators andfamilies to support these areas. You will use the knowledge you havegained from Chapter 10 and this week’s required readings to furtherelaborate on the ideal classroom you created in Week 2 of this course.Your elaboration will focus specifically on the subjects of science,technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
To prepare for this discussion,
- Read Chapter 10: Cognitive Development, Mathematics, and Science.
- Review the resources Why Is STEM Education so Important? (Links to an external site.), Kids in STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (Links to an external site.), and Preschool STEM Activities (Links to an external site.).
Review the classroom you designed in Week 2 of class, considering the feedback you received from your instructor.
For your initial post:
- Explain your ideal STEM classroom. Your description must include:
- A list of specific materials your STEM classroom will have.
- A specific activity that teaches/reinforces each STEM component:
- One activity that incorporates science
- One activity that incorporates technology
- One activity that incorporates engineering and
- One activity that incorporates math
- A description of how your activities and/or classroom is aligned tostandards (these can be your state standards and/or NAEYC standardspreviously covered in Week 1 of class).
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."