For this paper, you will attend a city or county council/commission meeting and present its topics, relevant discussion, and outcome. You will then provide an analysis of and response to the meeting and whether you agreed with the steps/actions taken by the council/commission, and explain why you agreed or disagreed.
For students unable to attend in person, viewing a meeting online is an acceptable substitute.
The name of the council/commission, location, date, and URL (if applicable) must be included on your title page. Your paper must be at least two pages in length. You must include a copy of the official meeting agenda as your supporting documentation.
Be sure to include the following in your paper:
- agenda items,
- items that required a vote and the outcome of those votes,
- any contentious issues and analysis of the problem, and
- any items of particular interest.
Address the following questions:
- Could you determine any conservative or liberal leanings by the members based on their comments or vote?
- What community services were addressed in the meeting? In what ways did the council/commission discuss supporting those services?
- In what ways did minorities influence decisions made at this meeting—either directly at the meeting or through the policies discussed?
- Was the meeting what you expected? Would you have voted with the majority? Elaborate on your response.
Any sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."