You have been tasked with orienting new registered nurses in the emergency department in your hospital about how to manage child abuse and neglect cases. The orientation should cover child abuse and neglect definitions, prevention, detection, intervention and treatment, reporting, and interdisciplinary resources.
Ensure your orientation covers the definition, prevention, detection, intervention and treatment, reporting, and interdisciplinary resources.
- Federal definition of child abuse and neglect
- Your state’s definition of child abuse and neglect
- Analyze the nurse’s role in each level of prevention:
- List the risk factors of abuse including environmental indicators and disparities in care.
- Illustrate the signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect.
Address intervention, treatment, and reporting.
- Define your state’s(SOUTH CAROLINA) requirements for child abuse and neglect:
- Who can report?
- Who is mandated (legally required) to report?
- Where (to whom) is information reported?
- Identify resources for appropriate referral.
- Provide examples of treatment resources available in your area for children affected by abuse and their caregivers.
- Find collaborative resources for abuse and neglect intervention and treatment.
- List interdisciplinary support services for children affected by abuse.
Summarize the differences between child abuse and neglect prevention, detection, intervention, treatment, and reporting and spousal, elder abuse and/or violence prevention, detection, intervention, treatment, and reporting.
- Are the reporting requirements the same?
- Are all types of abuse and neglect defined the same way?
- How does treatment differ?
- What different resources available for varying types of abuse?
- How do signs and symptoms change with age?
- How does the role of the community nurse change at each level of prevention depending on the type of abuse?
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 15- to 20-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."