Leadership in the News
The Atlanta test cheating scandal in the spring of 2015 (see Blinder, 2015) is one example of an educational leadership crisis. Atlanta may have made the news, but they are not alone in facing the pressures of a public that wants results from a system that sometimes struggles to find a way to educate all learners. Whether you examine PK-12 education, higher education, or other educational arenas, ethical struggles are everywhere.
Select and read an article about any scandal pertinent to education or to your field of work (nursing, recruitment, etc.). You may choose to read about the Atlanta testing scandal if you are unable to locate information about another scandal.
- Post two paragraphs about the article you read.
- In paragraph one, give a brief overview of the scandal and the outcome if it is known.
- In paragraph two, explain how you would react to the scandal if you were the leader in the given situation using your preferred leadership theory/lens.
- What actions would you take?
- How would your values guide your actions?
- How would you mitigate the damage done by the scandal?
- How would you rebuild morale?
Support your statements with evidence from the required studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.
Blinder, A. (2015, April 1). Atlanta educators convicted in school cheating scandal. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/02/us/verdict-reach…
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."