Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes article and watch the Globalization at a Crossroads (Links to an external site.)video. You may choose one of the following articles found in the Week 1Required Resources:
- From Globalism to Globalization: The Politics of Resistance
- Globalization, Globalism and Cosmopolitanism as an Educational Ideal
- Transnationalism and Anti-Globalism
Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how theconcept of global citizenship has shaped your identity, and think abouthow being a global citizen has made you a better person in yourcommunity.
Write: Use the Week 1 Example Assignment Guide when addressing the following prompts:(FOUND BELOW)
- Describe and explain a clear distinction between “globalism” and“globalization” after viewing the video and reading the article.
- Describe how being a global citizen in the world of advancedtechnology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal,academic, and professional goals.
- Explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about thedefinition of global citizenship and develop your own definition ofglobal citizenship after reading the article by Reysen andKatzarska-Miller.
- Choose two of the six outcomes of global citizenship from thearticle (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice,environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level ofresponsibility to act for the betterment of this world).
- Explain why those two outcomes are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
- Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life thatillustrate the development of global citizenship based on the twooutcomes you chose.
- Identify two specific general education courses.
- Explain how each course influenced you to become a global citizen.
The Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
- Must be 750 to 1,000 words in length (not including title andreferences pages) and formatted.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Yourintroduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement thatindicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one credible source in addition to the two required sources (video and article).
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If youhave questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for thisassignment, contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final sayabout the appropriateness of a specific source for an assignment. The Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial will offer further assistance with including supporting information and reasoning.
- Must document in APA style any information used from sources,
- Must have no more than 15% quoted material in the body of your essaybased on the Turnitin report. References list will be excluded from theTurnitin originality score.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.
Week 1 Assignment Two
Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
GEN499 General Education Capstone
Note: This assignment should be written in the correct format per APA guidelines. Please click on the Writing Center tab at the left-hand toolbar of the course. You will then click on the “Writing a Paper” tab, which goes over the basics of writing an essay. For information on how to write in-text citations in APA format, click on the “Citing Within Your Paper” link under the Writing Center & Library tab. This paper needs to consist of 750 – 1,000 words (excluding the title and reference page).
Start your paper with the title of this assignment:
Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
The introduction paragraph of this paper should inform the reader of the topic you are writing about while providing background information and the purpose or importance of addressing this topic of global citizenship. You should prepare the reader by stating the concepts you are about to address further in your paper. Typically a good introduction paragraph is made up of 5 – 7 sentences.
Short Title of First Prompt (i.e. Distinction between “Globalism” and “Globalization”)
After viewing the required video “Globalization at a Crossroads”, you need write a paragraph of 5 – 7 sentences addressing the distinction between “globalism” and “globalization” It’s important to cite the video per APA guidelines within this paragraph.
Short Title of Second Prompt
Write a paragraph (about 5 sentences) describing how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your persona, academic, and professional goals.
Short Title of Third Prompt
After reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller, you need to write a paragraph of 5 – 7 sentences explaining why there has been a disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship. Within the article, the authors address how specific schools of thought define global citizenship. It would be a good idea to paraphrase this information in your own words and cite the article per APA guidelines. Also, within this paragraph, you should provide your own definition of global citizenship after reading what other ideas are from the article.
Short Title of Fourth Prompt
Note: Based on the article, you need to write two paragraphs: a paragraph on each of the two outcomes of global citizenship you chose (intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world).
Name of First Outcome Addressed (i.e. Valuing Diversity)
Within this paragraph you need to explain why this outcome is important in becoming a global citizen. It’s a good idea to first define the outcome in your own words and then provide a thorough explanation on why it’s important for your own development as a global citizen.
Name of Second Outcome Addressed (i.e. Social Justice)
Same instructions as the first paragraph above.
Short Title for Fifth Prompt
First Personal Example on (Name First Outcome)
You need to write a short paragraph describing a personal experience that has corresponds to the first outcome you addressed in the third prompt and has assisted or resulted in your development as a global citizen.
Second Personal Example on (Name of Second Outcome)
You need to write a short paragraph describing a personal experience that has corresponds to the second outcome you addressed in the third prompt and has assisted or resulted in your development as a global citizen.
Short Title of Sixth Prompt
You need to write a 5 – 7 sentence paragraph that identifies two specific education courses and explains how each of those courses assisted or influenced your development in becoming a global citizen.
In this paragraph, you need to summarize the main points of this assignment and include a description of why this topic is important to address when it comes to the development of global citizenship. Typically a good conclusion paragraph consists of 5 – 7 sentences. Keep in mind that you should not share new information in the conclusion paragraph. This means that there should not be any in-text citations. You are basically summarizing what you have written.
Note: References are written below in the correct format per APA guidelines. In addition to these two required resources, you must locate another scholarly source from the Ashford University Library that applies to this topic and can be used to support your perspective.
Reysen, S., & Katzarska-Miller, I. (2013). A model of global citizenship: Antecedents and outcomes. International Journal of Psychology, 48(5), 858-870. doi:10.1080/00207594.2012.701749
Stucke, K. (Writer). (2009). Globalization at a crossroads [Series episode]. In M. Stucke & Claudin, C. (Executive Producers), Global issues. Retrieved from https://fod.infobase.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?token=39350&wID=100753&plt=FOD&loid=0&w=640&h=480&fWidth=660&fHeight=530
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."