The Lesson Writing Assignments are worth nomore than 100 points each. Submissions that are more comprehensive and detailedwill earn a higher point total. You need several substantial paragraphs (minimum500 words for each lesson writing assignment). This exercise isto show that you have read the material and that you have thought about theissues.
Youshould use New Courier or Times New Roman, 12 point font, double-spacing, andone inch margins on all four sides of the paper.
Allwriting assignments will be analyzed using SafeAssign. That students are notcopying from others work , Essays that contain plagiarized material willreceive a significant reduction in points or a zero. Students may receive afailing grade in the course for submitting plagiarized material. Do not cut andpaste information from an online source or copy information directly from thechapter without using quotations and citing the information you used. Theassignment is to be formatted according to the Modern Language Association (MLA)style which includes a works cited page but does NOT include a title page.
You Can Use Government Websites
3. Read Chapter 13, including “You Decide: Voices of Texas: Cite and Release: Necessary Cost-Savings or Soft on Crime?” and write an essay answering the following questions:
- Are all defendants treated equally in the Texas criminal justice system? Why or why not?
- Why do you think certain groups are overrepresented or underrepresented in the prison system?
- At times the integrity of the criminal justice system has been called into question. What are some of the events that have led to this situation?
- What is cite and release and why was it implemented?
- Do you believe that more counties should adopt cite and release? Why or why not?
- Discuss at least two changes that you believe would increase fairness in the criminal justice system.
Book in reference –
Champagne,A., Harpham, E., and Casellas, J. GoverningTexas, ThirdEdition, W.W. Norton & Company.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."