Building and demonstrating a solid knowledge base by synthesizing the contents of research articles is a critical skill in the completion of the dissertation literature review. For this assignment, you will expand your knowledge base and engage in the annotation portion of synthesis by reading and annotating articles related to your research topic.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Articles used for this assignment should be new for the purposes of this assignment and not part of a previous annotated bibliography. These articles will be the source material for the first discussion question this week. Articles should contain information that directs you toward a supportable research gap.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. The similarity index must be less than 20%. Assignments with similarity scores that exceeed 20% will be reassigned to the learner for correction.
Locate and read 5 empirical articles related to your research topic.
Provide an annotated bibliography of each article. Each annotation should be 150-250 words excluding the article citation and persistent link. Include the following for each article:
- The article citation and persistent link. These are not included in the total word count. Be sure to verify the accuracy of the reference formatting as these can change during the insertion process.
- A written summary of the key concept(s) of the article. Why was the study done? What was the population studied? What did the researcher(s) conclude? What other information about this study do you believe is unique or important to recall? Are there specific statements made by the author that you wish to retain?
The 5 empirical articles suggested are as follows:
Becker, J. B., McClellan, M. L., & Reed, B. G. (2017). Sex differences, gender and addiction. Journal of Neuroscience Research, 95(1-2), 136-147. doi:10.1002/jnr.23963
Bonnie, R. J., Stroud, C. E., & Breiner, H. E. (2014). Investing in the health and well-being of young adults. National Academies Press
Champion, K. E.,Newton, N. C., Stapinski, L., & Teesson, M. (2018). Cluster randomisedcontrolled trial of an online intervention to prevent ecstasy and newpsychoactive substance use among adolescents: final results and implicationsfor implementation. British Medical Journal 8(11), e020433.doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2017-020433
Goldman, M. S., Del Boca, F. K., & Darkes, J. (1999). Alcohol expectancy theory: The application of cognitive neuroscience. In K. E. Leonard & H. T. Blane (Eds.), Psychological theories of drinking and alcoholism, (2nd ed.) (pp. 203-246). New York, NY: Guilford Press
Zinsmaster, D. S. (2018). The Addiction Crisis: Is Telemedicine the Answer? The Journal of Medical Practice Management: MPM; Phoenix 33(5), 276-279. Retrieved from ProQuest (No. 7d06315372d346a98964e18ca29774a1
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."