The purpose of this assignment is to help you become more familiar with a counseling specialization that interests you. When most people hear the word “counseling,” they think of a therapy session with a couch and a person in a tweed jacket helping someone through a mental health issue. In reality, counseling is a broad profession that encompasses many different specializations and serves many different populations. By completing this assignment, you will learn more about the available options and how your skills and interests may align.
For this assignment, write a 2–3-page paper on a counseling specialization you are considering.
- Marriage, couple, and family counseling.
For this assignment you will:
- Summarize the key aspects of the counseling specialization you have chosen. How is it different from other specializations?
- Describe how your personal as well as professional goals are aligned with this career choice. Be sure to provide examples. Note: This portion can be written in first person.
- Describe the job requirements, including the skills and credentials needed (for example, a master’s or doctoral degree). If licensure is required, provide a brief overview of your state requirements (such as clinical hours, licensure exam, or graduation from an accredited program). You are expected to cite relevant sources related to the information you find.
- Describe the potential populations served by this specialization. Be sure to provide specific details rather than just broad categories.
- Identify the job prospects for this specialization based on local, state, and/or national data. For this section, also discuss the situations where individuals in this specialization typically work.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 2–3 double-spaced pages of content, not counting the title page and references page.
- References: Use professional or scholarly sources to support your paper. The Occupational Outlook Handbookfrom the Bureau of Labor Statistics may be helpful. Other resources may be found in the Capella Library or on the Internet. Include references for each of your in-text citations and a separate reference page at the end of your paper.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."