A commercial jet has crashed in the woods near Interstate 10 in Alabama. The plane is still on fire, and there are hundreds of people injured. In addition, part of the interstate has been closed due to the emergency. Fire services and emergency medical services (EMS) from three counties have been called in to help with the emergency response.
A young and energetic individual has been chosen as the incident commander to lead the response teams in this situation. However, this individual does not have very much experience dealing with an emergency of this magnitude, which is very concerning to many of fire service and EMS personnel on the scene. They feel that the response leader should be someone with many more years of experience and intuition in decision-making during an emergency.
In a three-page written response, please answer the questions below about this case study.
- What is the role of management in fire services and EMS during this emergency situation?
- How do the four managerial tasks of planning, organizing, directing, and controlling come into play during this situation?
- Why do many of the fire service and EMS personnel believe that more experience and intuition in decision-making is valuable in an emergency situation?
- What are the roles of area command and the incident commander during this situation?
- What is the importance of chain of command and unity of command during this situation?
Please ensure that all outside sources, including your textbooks, are cited and referenced using correct APA formatting. You should utilize at three sources.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."