I. Select a company out of the three options provided. You will be researching and using this company as your own “case study”. Please review the following options to make your selection:
- United Healthcare (large company)
- NetFlix (online business)
- MyPreschool (new small local preschool startup)
Once you have selected your organization, provide a (business style) memo addressed to the Instructor that does the following:
- Identifies your chosen organization and your rationale for selecting it.
- Identifies at least five (5) resources you have found that you can use in your investigation and a strategy for further researching the organization or the industry in which it operates. Be sure to describe these resources and what types of relevant information they provide. You should provide the appropriate citation using APA format at the conclusion of your memo.
- Identifies the types of information system management issues your organization will likely encounter at some point (example: you can relate this to the issues that were identified in Week 1). Include some preliminary discussion about why these are important to address, and be sure to account for any assumptions you made in the process.
II. Read the case study: “WestJet Airlines: Information Technology Governance and Corporate Strategy” by Malcolm Munro and Sharaz Khan.
Post your description and analysis of the case, as it pertains to the following prompts:
- How can Cheryl Smith help managers at WestJet better understand the role of information technology in corporate strategy?
- How might WestJet’s experience influence the way your organization aligns its IT and business strategies?
- Based on an Internet or Walden Library search, describe the best tools and techniques organizations can use to align IT strategy with business strategy. What alternatives do organizations have to ensure their IT and business strategies are in alignment?
- What risks does the organization take if it does not invest in the resources necessary for maintaining alignment between IT and business strategy?
Munro, M., & Khan, S. (2013). WestJet Airlines: Information technology governance and corporate strategy (Ivey Publishing Case Study No. 9B13E020). Retrieved from https://hbsp.harvard.edu/tu/
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."