Assignment 6: Final Essay
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Remember in this course, you will develop one essay. The subject of your essay for this course is “Changing Our Lives.” In your essay, you will address why you decided to go to college at this time in your life and state the three reasons behind your decision.
The subject of your essay for this course is “Changing Our Lives.” You have taken a marvelous, brave step on an educational journey. Congratulations! You have likely done a great deal of soul-searching to come to this enormous decision. The purpose of this essay, therefore, is for you to tell your readers (your instructor and your classmates) why you came to this decision. In your “Changing Our Lives” essay, you will address why you decided to go to college at this time in your life and state the reasons behind your decision.
In this assignment you will revise your draft essay to present a polished final essay. Download the “Revision Checklist” by clicking this link. The Strayer University reVision Center is a useful resource for learning more about proper APA formatting, which you will be graded on in this assignment. The reVision Center is located in iCampus under Student Services.
The intention of the course is to build one essay step-by-step during the course of the 11-week semester. For the Assignment 7: Final Essay, you will combine all of the elements of the essay that you have created in your previous assignments during the past 10 weeks to create your final essay. Please review the “Sample Student Essay – Final Essay” by clicking this link to download. “Sample Student Essay – Final Essay” can also be accessed by using the “Additional Resources” link in each week or by navigating to Student Center>Additional Resources. Please DO NOT submit a new essay for this assignment. The instructor has the discretion to accept or not accept essays if they are not created according to the requirements.
Revise Assignment 6: Draft Essay to improve clarity and organization, along with consistency, parallelism, sentence variety, and language awareness. Also, revise the essay to eliminate grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure errors. Revise the five (5) paragraph essay in which you:
- Develop a clear introduction to the essay.
- Develop a thesis with clear avenues of approach.
- Develop clear and organized separate main body paragraphs.
- Develop a clear conclusion.
- Develop clear topic sentences that have strong transitions for all main point paragraphs.
- Develop a high level of supporting information, including facts, details, examples, and evidence, which support the topic sentence.
- Use high-level transitions within each paragraph to increase coherence and unity.
- Use boldface revisions in essay.
- Show awareness that a college-educated audience acts as the reader.
- Meet the required five to seven (5 to 7) sentence length for each paragraph.
- Minimize grammar, spelling, mechanics, and follow APA formatting.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Correct grammatical and stylistic errors consistent with Edited Standard Written English.
- Write paragraphs and essays, and other assigned work with a clearly defined main idea, introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Revise written pieces to improve clarity and organization.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."