Assignment 2: Research Resources
Before You Begin…
- From the textbook, Keys to effective learning: Study skills and habits for success, read:
- Review materials under the topic “Researching Tips”
This assignment will be included as part of your Personal Plan for Success which you will compile as part of this assignment.
When considering the career goal you identified in Module 1, it is helpful to know where to go to find current information about that career. For this assignment, you will:
- Search the Internet to find the salary range for someone on your chosen career path in the area where you plan to live and work.
- You will also search the Argosy University Online Library for a journal, or any other periodical, that can help you keep up with the trends in your chosen career.
For your Internet search, you can consider visiting the following links to appropriate websites for information on:
Write three paragraphs describing your findings from your Internet research using the following guidelines:
- Using your Internet browser, do a keyword search using terms that will help you determine the salary range in your chosen career in your region. For example: paralegal salary ranges in PA
- Identify the URL of the website(s) providing relevant information.
- Describe why you think this is a reliable website. Click here for a checklist about what makes a credible website.
- Explain whether the salary information is consistent with the career goal you have set.
- On a separate page, cite the author, date of publication, and the URL where you found the information.
- Access the Online Library.
- Identify the name of at least one journal that provides articles relevant to your chosen career path.
- Describe an article in this journal that contains information you find interesting and explain why you find it interesting.
- On your separate reference page, cite the author, date of publication, article title, publication, volume, and the URL where you found the information. For example:
Author, I. (2013). Three easy steps to becoming a rocket scientist.
Journal of reliable career information, 66(13), 5–7. Retrieved from
Write your findings in an MS Word document and include a separate page for your references. As you research your career for this assignment, you might find additional helpful resources and information. Feel free to include these in your Personal Plan for Success. Remember, your Personal Plan for Success is a long-term resource for your academic and professional endeavors, so feel free to add any pertinent information beyond what the assignment requires.
Submitting Your Completed Personal Plan for Success Project
Since this is the last module of the course, you will be putting all the pieces of your Personal Plan for Success together into one document, including what you have completed for this module.
- Use this Personal Plan for Success template to help format your assignment and save it as Lastname_Firstinitial_M5_A2.doc.
- Make a title page, then copy and paste each Personal Plan for Success assignment from the previous modules in the document.
- Be sure to make any necessary changes your instructor suggested in the feedback for previous assignments.
- Include this module’s additions for career research resources.
- Your plan should include:
- Title page in APA format (Click here for guidelines.)
- Section 1: Academic and Career Goals (M1A3)
- Section 2: Organizing your Time for Success (M2A2)
- Section 3: Study Strategies and Learning Style (M3A2, M4A1)
- Section 4: Career Research (M5A2)
- References page in APA format. (Click here for guidelines.)
- The following Personal Plan for Success templatecan help you with formatting your assignment.
Submit your document to the M5 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, September 29, 2015.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Created a comprehensive paper by logically collating all required assignments from Modules 1, 2, 3, and 4.||
|Incorporated feedback received for material from past assignments.||
|Included Internet research findings about salary range for career path.||
|Included library research information about career-related journal.||
|Included a title and references page.||
|Used APA formatting for tile page, citations, and references page||
|Used correct spelling and grammar.||
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."